Birthdays & Anniversaries
Member Birthdays
Ailsa Hemphill
May 15
Rick Hayllar
May 27
Spouse Birthdays
Ginny McMillan
May 4
Freda Donaldson
May 5
Julie Barnes
May 30
Roger McMillan
Ginny McMillan
May 31
Tony Viney
Sue Viney
May 31
Join Date
Mark Long
May 14, 2015
2 years
May 25, 2017
Visit The UA Potters
Jun 08, 2017
My Exchange Experience
View entire list
Last Meeting
Apologies:Merv Prosser,
Ailsa Hemphil, Tyrrell McMcGeever, Roger McMillan, Lyn Lewis, among others.
Meeting Responsibilities
Meeting set up
Anderson, Peter
Meeting set up 2
Buchanan, David
Anderson, Peter
Jarman, David
Clarke-Burrows, Terri
Barnard-Brown, Ray.
Barnard-Brown, Elaine
Cashier 2
Barnard-Brown, Ray.
Club Information
Welcome to our Club!
We meet Thursdays at 6:15 PM
Old Shire Office.
Point Nepean Rd
Dromana, VIC  3936
District Site
Venue Map
President's Message
Ross Whitehead
member photo
Good evening Rotarians and Friends of Rotary
Secretary Bob spoke about Sue Cashen one of our past members, she had thanked the members for the flowers and the kind words on the card.
Also about the potters donation from us.
District assembly in Churchill, leaving here at 7am for 1 hour 55 min drive, ( if Ray bb drives should be there in an hour).
Bob also spoke about multiple sclorosis and how they are looking for donations.
Medic alerts and how valuable they are to our community. 
Bob also spoke about a discussion about how the club is run, this is to educate new members and old so they no what we are about, E.G international, club service,public relations, youth, membership,administration just to name a few.
Bob also spoke about the community market organized by Tony Viney to see how that can work.
A garage sale organized by Terry Clarke-Burrows.
Bark in the park
Corporate membership, that Director Peter has tried, and is preparing another go in a diferent format.
RYPEN and  NYSF with Balcombe College,
This is all things the board will go over.
Director Peter spoke about the Salvos Red Shield appeal, sunday 28th May
He has organised Lyn and Ann to do 10.00 am to 12.00.
Rob and Bob to do 12.00 to 2.00.
Peter and David to do 2.00 to 5.00.
Emergency people Terry and Greg, etc.
Also ,the fundraiser organised by Mary and her helpers raised a total of $26,868.90 , rotary board has decided to pay all costs involved in the fundraiser, origanlly $2,200, but will increase it to just over 2,500.00.
the money will be given to Peninsula health made up of 2 cheques, one for $15,000.00 for the cardiac machine, and another for $12,000.00 for something else from there wish list, Rotary decided to round up the total to $27,000.00.
Director Rob, spoke about the art show and how he would like to give it another go.
Director Chris, spoke about the centurian club, how he would like more members to become centurians, and the due date is 31st of May.
Tony Viney spoke about the community market he is working on and is trying to not have it the same day as the lions club market.
Tonight was a special night,as we inducted our new member who has transfered from Cranbourne. 
Harry has 2 children, 2 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren, in his past club he worked on interplast and went to fiji, he worked on containers for overseas, we will learn a lot more when we do man behind the badge, we welcome Harry to our club.
Saturday night, Rye/Rosebud had a fundraiser to help with a wellness centre at Rosebud Secondary College, some of our members attended as guests,Greg Fitzgerald and his wife Wanda, as well as guests and helpers for the event, Peter and Mary Anderson and Bob and Freda Donaldson.
it was a great event with raffles, auctions and lucky door prize.
 A message from Rob.
Dear ALL
The  Art show is dead in the water at the school .
It should be noted that this collaborative  event has not been  at the school, for all its  life .
We  should consider  re- branding the event   ,re timing  the event  and re-locating the event . If this is done  it would be prudent to  say to the school that we  are  doing this  and we  are  having a special  $2000 Primary  school  prize pack and to make it  juicy  a secondary school acquisitive as well.
This keeps  a Link but allows us to control  the  show .
I  suggest  a steering  committee  is formed  including  any one who has  a strong opinion about wether it should be a  craft event etc and report by the end of June .
 We may have to time the event  2 weeks before Red Hill. or  consider that because we  as a club  support Australia day  It  may be  smart  book the  Hall next to us   and   use the extra Traffic in the zone   at  Australia  Day to our advantage  like a drop in shop. The other outcome of this  is that there is no reason why we cannot look at our   screens  and  be in the art screen rental business accommodating the small end of the market.
The  Berwicks  of the world started small  and if  organized well  and our stand upgraded we can compete.
It is quite apparent to me that  there are  great organizers in this club that have not taken advantage of the   groups like the mens shed etc as well as we could do.
It is not unreasonable that everyone  we help during the  year  in any way gets asked to help us. For example  the  salvos  are asked   to help  cook  sausages Gratus  once  a year. This is a reasonable ask.
We need to  get our support  staff organized well ahead
thanks Rob

 Here are some pics from the evening.
Meetings held weekly at Old Shire Offices, Point Nepean Road, Dromana.

Arrive 6:00 pm        Meeting Starts 6:30 pm    Ends 8:00 pm
If you cannot attend the meeting,
then please send your apologies to Elaine Barnard-Brown - - before the Tuesday preceding the meeting.
Catering for meals is expensive if you do not turn up and your meal has be paid for.